An idea for the weekend: Cervera del Río Alhama19 de Abril de 2010 | Por Ana | Categoría: Viajes
Por Olivia Berdonces
I propose a different idea for the weekend : a weekend of rural tourism in Cervera del Rio Alhama.
Cervera is a village placed in the Low Rioja, in the border with Navarra, Aragon and Soria. As crossing way, it has been influenced by the art and the different cultures that have been there: Celtiberians, Visigoths, Romans, Arabs and Jews. All this can still be appreciated in the architecture and the singularities of its people and environment.
WHAT TO DO
Among the many activities that can be done I would like to recommend the following ones:
– Visiting cellars.
– Contrebia Leukade: archaeological deposit in a Celtiberian village.
– Fingerprints of dinosaurs.
– Reserve of the vulture: birdwatching.
– Pyrite Mines of Navajun : Navajun is near Cervera and it is famous for its deposits of pyrite.
– Spa Resorts: Near Cervera you can find Fitero’s Spa Resort and also the ones in Arnedillo.
– Exhibition centres, which show the nature and history of the Alhama.
– There are also nice swimming pools and tennis courts
WHERE TO STAY AND TO EAT
I would recommend the Rural Hotel Cervera. It is located in a magnificent building of the XVII century, of Mudejar style, in which the principal walls of stone still remain. It has a social lounge and a beautiful exterior terrace just in the hillside of a mountain where it is possible to observe vultures flying around.
In the ground floor you can have something to eat at its original restaurant, which is inside a cellar and dug in the rock.
YOU MUST NOT MISS…
The celebrations of Santa Ana on July 26th and San Gil on September 1st
IN MY NEXT ARTICLE I WILL TELL YOU ABOUT…
The Ascension Day with the Celebration of the Flag in Cervera del Rio Alhama.